gloriousrandomness

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

you'll sit alone forever if you wait for the right time...what are you hoping for?

there’s a little frog that sits on my doorstep. he’s been there off & on since i moved in. no one else in my apartment complex has frogs on their doorsteps…only me. and he’s always there.

i wonder what he would say if he could talk? sometimes i have imaginary conversations with him in my head. i even speak to him as i’m unlocking the door on occasion. and sometimes i imagine him speaking back.

i’ve even caught myself thinking before…what if he really is my prince charming? and he’s sitting on my doorstep to protect me? then i realize how ridiculous that is. i mean…that is crazy, right? it’s just the little girl in me wanting the fairy tale to be true, i guess.

and i so desperately hope that it is. maybe not necessarily in such a literal sense of frogs on my doorstep turning into men, but just the whole idea of dreams coming true, ya know…

and i’ve got a good feeling that they do :)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should totally make out with the frog.

    I didn't know you had the new Jimmy Eat World.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Frogs are good luck! And yes, girls like you get the good guys. Keep the faith. I was the opposite, never wanted a boyfriend - they made things too complicated. Then HE came around and my life hasn't been the same since! :)

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should definitely kiss the frog. And then write about it in your journal.
    ~melissa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home