gloriousrandomness

Sunday, May 15, 2005

i'll spread my wings and i'll learn how to fly...

there's a little bird sitting outside my doorstep. he's just sitting there and i don't know what to do to help him. he's not even old enough to fly yet. i don't know where his mother is and i don't know where his nest is. i want to pick him up and bring him inside and make him better, but the truth is: i know i can't.

i know that if i touch him, his mother will never have anything to do with him again. so, if i try to help him...he will die. if i leave him alone, his chances are better...although still not good.

we gave him food and water, but i'm not sure it really helped.

all i can really do is just look at him and whine and say....'aww.....'

meanwhile, alli cries at the door because she knows he's out there. even though she's been a housecat her whole life, she still knows that there is a bird out there and that she is supposed to get it.

so, what am i supposed to do? watch the baby bird die outside of my door...or bring it inside and let the vicious attack cat sneak in and get it at night? either way...it doesn't look good...

so, i've been thinking today...maybe i'm not unlike that little bird. maybe sometimes i'm just sitting here...kind of stuck in one place, unable to really move or go anywhere on my own. maybe i need some help, but that help can only come from one place. maybe i can get encouragement from the people around me, but i know the only way i can truly get to where i need to be is if my Father picks me up Himself and moves me. just like that little bird. sometimes i feel like i spend too much time sitting around waiting to be moved. maybe i should start reaching up to meet him halfway.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm always stuck between being afraid that I'm not doing enough, and knowing that it's all ultimately up to Him anyway.

    It's a weird place.

    ...and I have no good advice for the bird. It's got a deadbeat mother. I hope it makes it okay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home